Calling all local makers, artisans, designers and entrepreneurs!
Partner with us to include your custom-designed products in our Close to Home shop. As part of our ongoing commitment to support the communities where we do business, we’ve expanded our Close to Home program with an exciting new local sourcing fair.
Every business is unique and none is too small — we’re inviting all established local designers, artists and makers to apply online for consideration.
We’re taking applications now for fall 2017. Get the details below.
About Close to Home
Launched in 2016, the Close to Home shop offers a special hometown shopping experience in-store and online. The assortment features a variety of carefully curated and themed products from local designers and artisans. Some of the unique items include apparel, natural candles, handcrafted accessories, jewelry, wall art, one-of-a-kind artwork, gifts and more.
We’ll be continually updating our assortment for a fresh and unique experience every time customers visit. You could be a part of it!
To learn more about the Bon-Ton family of department stores, please visit our corporate site.
Fall 2017 timeline for application and review
- February 7 – submissions begin for online applications
- March 24 – deadline for all submissions
- May 5 – applicants contacted
- June 6 – selected vendors announced
- August-October – Close to Home fall products available for purchase online and in-store
- Mid-September – Close to Home in-store events
- November-December – Close to Home holiday products available for purchase online and in-store
- You’re based locally in a state where we have a store: Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers. Find a store.
- Your products, regardless of assortment size, match one of our Close to Home product categories.
- If selected, you’ll be required to provide proof of product liability insurance among other requirements.
What you’ll need for your application
- Details about your story, what makes your items unique and your design inspiration.
- Images and descriptions of up to 5 representative products.
- Basic information about your business. (email, business address, states where you do business, general insurance information, etc)
- Download our Close to Home checklist.